Do’s And Don’ts Post Root Canal Treatment
By following the below guidelines, you can ensure a positive result from your root canal therapy and enjoy a healthy smile
- Brush and clean your teeth twice a day. Brush your treated tooth carefully and apply soft strokes rather than rigorous brushing on the treated tooth.
- Chew soft food like porridge or rice, which is not harsh on your teeth.
- Take your medications as prescribed. We prescribe antibiotics in certain situations to avoid infection during and after the root canal treatment.
- Do saline gargles as they are a very effective remedy for any tooth ailment and also alleviate the pain that might occur after a root canal treatment procedure.
- Contact us if you are uncomfortable.
- Contact us if you notice swelling inside or outside of your mouth, have an allergic reaction to medication, or your toothache returns.
- Ensure you come in for regular check-ups with us as it will enable us to monitor the healing of your treated tooth.
- Do not bite or chew on the treated tooth until you have had it restored via permanent filling or crown as required.
- Don’t drink excessively hot or cold beverages until the completion of treatment.
- Do not eat anything until the numbness in your mouth wears off. This will prevent you from biting your cheek or tongue.
- Don’t skip taking the prescribed pain medications, even if you are not experiencing extreme pain.
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol when under antibiotic coverage.
- Don’t delay having the treated tooth capped with a crown or other restoration as would be advised by the specialist to avoid fracture or additional damage, which might lead to failure of your root canal therapy.
Root Canal Treatment in Toronto
Contact the team at York Hill Endodontist to see how your root canal treatment can be safe and efficient. York Hill Endodontist is the longest established endodontics specialty practice in Canada. Contact us today by clicking here or calling 416-781-5251.
Article originally appeared at: https://dentally.in/
Author: Dent Ally